Boroughwide 20mph Limit
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Mayor amended the recommendations and then agreed them.
1. To agree that the 20mph speed limit Experimental Order is made permanent subject to Leamouth Road and Leamouth Roundabout being omitted from the traffic order and reverting to 30mph.
2. To agree that the roads listed in 5.10 be prioritised for additional traffic calming to reinforce the 20 mph speed limit.
3. To note that further work will continue to review road safety throughout the borough in order to target ongoing traffic calming work to those areas most in need of improvements.
4. To note that further awareness and education programmes will be delivered to build awareness and ownership of the 20 mph limit.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE AND ACTING CORPORATE DIRECTOR, COMMUNITIES, LOCALITIES AND CULTURE (W. TUCKLEY)
(Head of Engineering (M. Cooper)
(Acting Team Leader Design (Road Safety and Cycling) (T. Rawlings)
Report author: Margaret Cooper
Publication date: 08/09/2016
Date of decision: 06/09/2016
Decided at meeting: 06/09/2016 - Cabinet
Effective from: 16/09/2016
- 01 2016 08 09 PG - Review of Boroughwide 20mph limit - legal version 3 ... PDF 156 KB
- 20mph Limit Review Report 160824 Issued2 PDF 2 MB
- Appendix A - VEHICLE ANALYSIS FROM 2015 & 2016 PDF 25 KB
- Appendix B - Questions from survey PDF 101 KB
- Appendix C - 20mph london boroughs map PDF 7 MB
- Appendix D - 2016 pereception survey comments PDF 477 KB
- Appendix E - LBTH Postcode heat map PDF 1 MB
- LBTH-Boroughwide-20mph-Limit PDF 420 KB